Age management medicine and anti-aging are not interchangeable. At bodhin, the medical speciality of age management medicine regards aging as a natural process that can be managed-not a disease that needs to be avoided. There are no claims in age management about affecting aging at the cellular level, increasing longevity or stopping the biological clock. Instead, the focus is on lengthening "health span" with protocols founded on solid, evidence-based science so patients regain and maintain optimal health as they age.
Old age is not something society tends to view in a glowing and positive way most of the time; much of the advice concerning old age is about trying not to reach it and pretending that old age is something that won't ever catch up with us.
But old age is a time to be celebrated as much as any other time in the full cycle of life and it's a time when we can find deep self-fulfillment and happiness. For many people, it's the first time in their lives where they have the chance to fully live without being burdened by the expectations and ideas of others who have impacted them throughout life.
The age-management approach bridges traditional medicine with proactive intervention. Rather than waiting for disease to appear and treat it, age management medicine uses in-depth diagnostics to target risk categories and prevent or delay age-related disease. What that means to a patient is a dynamic shift on all levels, from the inside out.
- Feeling fitter
- Improved exercise performance & aerobic capacity
- Stronger immune system
- Better sleep
- More physical energy
- Reduced silent inflammation, a link to chronic diseases
- Sharper thinking
- Lower cholesterol scores
- Muscle tone & strength
- Heighten sense of well-being without mood swings
- Stronger bones
- Improved cardiovascular health
bodhin is committed to proactive health, improving your present health, to preventing age-related diseases and to improving your total quality of life through a "balanced, holistic approach".
We help each patient individually to address age-related concerns. Our personalized treatment plans "slow" the aging process so that you look and feel better. At bodhin, we effectively identify and treat many age-related concerns including:
- Hormone Imbalance
- Sleep Problems
- Testosterone Deficiency
- Displeasing Body Contour & Appearance
- Low Energy Levels
- Lack of Libido
- Weight Gain
- Wrinkles, Sagging, Dry Skin
- Mood Swings
- Menopause Symptoms
- Reduced Muscle Mass
Our programs help patients deal with age related issues. We have customized programs that are planned to be effective according to individual needs.
The goals are 3-fold:
- Optimizing 'health span' and quality-of-life,
- Avoiding or delaying disease and illness, and
- Treating chronic medical conditions with either traditional or 'Integrative Medicine' approaches.
- Leading towards a more energetic & active life
You can manage aging by making few changes in your lifestyle:
- Don't conform to age stereotypes. If you enjoy something, get out and do it. If health problems interfere, find ways to work around them and still get into the things that matter to you. Associate with groups of diverse people, not all in your age group. Don't think of your life as over, look at your future and plan for it actively. Socializing with young people who share your interests is a good way to keep in balance and avoid getting socially sidelined.
- Practice the five principles of health. Treasure the health you have now and give it a boost by making sure that you stick the five basic principles of health:
- Eat healthy. This includes eating raw vegetables and fruit every day.
- Avoid or quit unhealthy substances and habits. If you haven't already done so, now is the ideal time to give up taking drugs, excess alcohol, smoking, and over-eating.
- Stay active. There are plenty of sports ideal for the older body, and many of these can also involve being around other people (and beautiful scenery if you choose your exercising location well). Try sports like walking, jogging, swimming, yoga, and aqua aerobics to maintain an optimal fitness level.
- Practice positive thinking.
- Take up meditation. If you're not already meditating, this is the perfect time to start. It will settle your mind and any unrest like nothing else.
- Aim to be active every day for at least half an hour or one hour. Go walking, jogging, swimming, cycling or do intensive yoga.
- Have a hobby. Life has purpose when you make choices about the things you want to do and then do them. A hobby is an excellent way to remain fulfilled and interested in what is happening around you. Inevitably, a hobby will always provide a way to reach out to others who are interested in the same hobby as you, thereby increasing your fulfillment through interaction with other people.
- Consider doing positive things for others. This can be a time of life where you're more than happy to give back to others, and you also have the free time to do so. Volunteering, teaching, or guiding can be good ways to pass on your experience, knowledge, and skills to others and in return, you continue to connect with people and to receive the joy of knowing that you are helping others to learn.
Date: 4th Feb, 2014:
World Cancer Day
Cancer is a leading cause of death around the world, according to WHO, which estimates that 84 million people will die of cancer between 2005 and 2015 without intervention. Read More
Date: 14th March, 2014:
World Kidney Day
World Kidney Day was first celebrated in 2006, and from that date on, the world still celebrates this world day with a different theme and certain massages every year. Read More