Asthma is a common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways through which the air passes to and from the lungs. This inflammation causes the airways to tighten and narrow making breathing more difficult.
The main cause of asthma is unknown. In asthmatic patients, the airways are more sensitive to certain factors and substances known as "triggers". When the patients are exposed to a trigger, their airways become inflamed, produce more thick mucus. Also the muscle lining tightens & constrict. These changes make the airways more narrowed causing an asthma attack.
Researchers think some genetic and environmental factors interact to cause asthma, most often early in life. These factors include:
- An inherited tendency to develop allergies, called atopy
- Parents who have asthma
- Certain respiratory infections during childhood
- Contact with some airborne allergens or exposure to some viral infections in infancy or in early childhood when the immune system is developing
- Some people develop asthma because of contact with certain chemical irritants or industrial dusts in the workplace. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma
- Asthma is a controllable disease so educating one with the knowledge necessary to enjoy a normal happy life is necessary.
- Asthmatic patient can live a normal life if he adheres to the treatment & follows the methods for preventing attack.
One can control asthma by following the preventive measure given below:
- Be aware of all the triggers & try to avoid them
- Take medications regularly & as per doctor's instructions
- Be alert for early signs of an asthma attack
- Deal with exacerbations of asthma attack properly
- Dust mites: Wash bed linens & pillows in hot water & dry them in sun atleast once a week. Remove carpets, also clean air conditioners regularly.
- Pet dander: If one cannot remove pets from house atleast keep them away from the bedrooms.
- Insects: Get pest control done on regular basis at home. Always keep asthmatic patients out of house when using pesticides.
- Smoke: Stay away from smoke & anybody who is smoking.
- Pollens: Close windows & doors tightly & avoid going outdoors in pollen seasons.
- Food: Food triggers are most common for asthmatic attacks. Avoid eating food that causes allergy & stay away from canned food & chips.
- Medications: Avoid taking medicines that may cause allergy like ibuprofen, diclofenac etc.
- Strenuous Exercise: Strenuous exercise can cause a narrowing of the airways in about 80% of people with asthma. In some people, exercise is the main trigger for their asthma symptoms. Use inhaler 15minutes prior to exercise. Also strenuous exercise that may trigger asthma attack.
- Weather: Cold air, changes in temperature, and humidity can cause asthma.
- Strong emotions. Stress and asthma are often seen together. Anxiety, crying, yelling, stress, anger, or laughing hard can trigger an asthma attack.
- Mold: Breathing in mold can trigger an asthma attack. Get rid of mold in your home to help control your attacks. Humidity, the amount of moisture in the air, can make mold grow. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the humidity level low.
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
Homoeopathic medicines prevent any exacerbations at first prolonging the time between episodes and later preventing their occurrence leading to permanent cure.
Homoeopathic medicines offer permanent cure in asthma they act by helping in decreasing the hyperactivity of immune cells, curtailing the individual's immune response against allergens, thus decreasing their hyper-sensitivity towards triggering stimuli. The development of allergic conditions is multifactorial and depends upon interaction between susceptible genes and environmental factors. Thus homoeopathy with its deep acting constitutional remedies offers excellent results.
Our medicines have not to be taken for lifetime. Once cured the patients develops immunity towards the triggering stimulus that is maintained even after medication is stopped.
Relieving Symptoms Like
- Shortness of breathe,
- Chest tightness
Homeopathic medicines can be a viable alternative to steroid medications. They can be given as an acute treatment in place of puffers but more importantly, Homeopathic professional treatment working with the whole person can cure asthma entirely with the help of our programs.
These programs are unique & tailor made to the needs of every individual.
Date: 4th Feb, 2014:
World Cancer Day
Cancer is a leading cause of death around the world, according to WHO, which estimates that 84 million people will die of cancer between 2005 and 2015 without intervention. Read More
Date: 14th March, 2014:
World Kidney Day
World Kidney Day was first celebrated in 2006, and from that date on, the world still celebrates this world day with a different theme and certain massages every year. Read More