- Sensing Instincts of self and patient
- Skilfully Choosing Natural Resources & Therapies
- Reaching the root Cause quickly
- Liberate patients with imparting practical health Knowledge
- Identify the energy blockages at all layers
The Best Prescription a Doctor gives Patient is Knowledge
Doctors 'I' Notion.... Healing Science
Body is a barometer of soul.
Any disturbance at physical or emotional level indicates blockage of energy at soul level.
Skilfully choosing and integrating Natural Resources and Therapies for connecting link between Self Healing Power and Universal Energy is our way of initiating.
- Colour & Light
- Music & Mantra
- Inner Yoga
- Bach Flower Remedy
- Diet & Nutrition
- Breathing Technique
Colour is Energy. Colour is Vibrations, a simple form of visible light. Colour and light are form of Energy medicine, helping in free flow of energy in body. Colour and Light act to improve and restore balance between physical and emotional being.
Scientific research has shown that the cells of the body naturally communicate through light. Light travels along energy meridians in the body and light is taken into areas of the body exactly corresponding to the acupuncture points for that part. The role of light in the body has been determined on an even deeper level - the level of the cells.
The memories of past traumas are held in our cells and affect the way we respond physically and psychologically to present events. Designed treatments using the frequency of each colour to carry a particular healing message which the cells absorb and transmit to each other. As the healing message is received, the causes of disharmony are released. The person begins remembering and resonating with their natural capacity for health and well-being
Only light can touch the essence of our soul! Within each of us is our own unique light that is precious, perfect, eternal and whole. It remains even when our physical body is gone. It is just on the other side of the veil, out of reach of our 5 physical senses. Only vibrational energy such as Light can touch this place within us. Light Therapy uses light and color to nourish your Inner Light to reawaken your Soul.
Colour therapy is very useful in many conditions few of them are as below.
- Hyper / hypothyroidism
- Convulsions & nervous irritations
- Blood pressure
- Menstrual complaints
Essential oils have both a physiological and psychological effect. They have the potential to detoxify and heal the physical body, as well as release and balance thoughts and emotions, and open pathways to higher consciousness.
Physically, essential oils have the potential to alter bodily processes, oxygenate the brain, and restore normal functioning of the physical body. Most directly affect the nervous system and are antibacterial, and many are antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, immune-supportive, and more. And yet they also have an effect on the mind, emotions, and spirit, which interestingly is the direct result of their ability to physiologically change the central nervous system and key brain centres.
Aromas have the power to alter our physical body's chemistry, our emotions, our thoughts and mental outlook, and our sense of spiritual connection.
When applied to the skin, the plant's life-force is absorbed into the body's fluid systems which eventually circulate through the organ and glandular systems of the body and eventually through all fluids and tissues of the body.
The foot is the most porous of all the body's skin. Rub a clove of garlic on the bottom of your foot and in about 5 minutes you will taste it in your mouth and "feel" the sensation in your nose! Essential oils applied to the feet, the most porous part of the body, travels throughout the body and affect the cells, including the hair, in just 10-20 minutes.
There is no doubt that essential oils through inhalation and the direct application to the skin affect not only the physical body, but the mind, emotions and spirit. The potential for healing is enormous with therapeutic-grade essential oils. We are only beginning to understand their power and effectiveness.
Aroma therapy is very useful in many conditions few of them are as below
- Migraine headaches
- Food cravings
- Pain relief
Sound Therapy or Sound Healing uses tuning forks, music, quartz crystal bowls, chanting, toning, Tibetan bowls, and more to create harmonic vibrational resonance for health & wellbeing.
Sound is the most obvious of all vibrational and resonance therapies. We all hear and feel the vibration of sound. Sound also affects us emotionally: a beautiful piece of music can bring us to sublime tears, and the sound of an explosion can invoke fear.
Random, unfocused and chaotic sound produces dissonance and anxiety. Focused, conscientious sound creates resonance and harmony. By using sound intentionally from a neutral space in a quiet, peaceful environment, healing and higher levels of conscious awareness can occur.
- Promote wellness
- Promote physical rehabilitation
- Enhance memory
- Alleviate pain
- Teach / enhance educational objectives
- Express feelings
- Manage stress
- Enhance / improve socialization
- Improve communication
Music and Mantra therapy is very useful in many conditions few of them are as below.
- Sleep disorders
- Infant development
Inner Yoga is a balancing act of thought and mental process. Inner Yoga is feeding positive affirmation to our sub conscious mind. Physical patterns are created in sympathy with mental patterns.
Our mind and our bodies are so closely linked and used to working automatically with each other that I believe that both positive and negative internalized beliefs in the mind are reflected in other parts of the body. Or to put it another way, physical patterns are created in sympathy with mental patterns.
Positive affirmations are stored in sub conscious mind and responds through spontaneous actions and direction towards positive health. Every thought you think every word you say is an affirmation. All of our self-talk or inner dialogue is a stream of affirmations.
Seven Chakras and its Messages
"I am one with the Universe",
"I am one with the Whole"
"Everything is unfolding as it should"
"I express myself freely",
"I allow myself to go with the flow of life"
"I am greatly loved",
"I allow myself to give and receive love freely",
"I am nourished by the power of love".
"I value myself",
"I am enough",
"I am more than enough",
"I am worth my weight in gold".
"I honour my needs",
"I allow myself to be nourished"
"I am here",
"I have a right to be here, as I am",
"The Earth supports me".
Bach Flower remedies gently restore the balance between mind and body by casting out negative emotions, such as, fear, worry, hatred and indecision which interfere with the equilibrium of the being as a whole. The Bach Flower Remedies allow peace and happiness to return to the sufferer so that the body is free to heal itself. The Bach Flower Remedies are made from wild flowers and are safe for the whole family including pets.
The remedies are preserved in grape based brandy and are gluten free. And may we ever have joy and gratitude in our hearts that the Great Creator of all things, in His Love for us, has placed the herbs in the fields for His healing. "Heal Thyself by Dr. Bach"
The nature of the disease is immaterial. The mind shows the onset and course of the disease, and the outlook of mind is all you need to consider. Heal the mind and the body will heal itself. Bach Flower remedies aren't just offering to affect psychology: it promises to cure all that ails you. Bach flower remedies are very useful in many conditions few of them are as below:
- Loss of confidence
Are nutrition and health related? Is healthy eating important? Of course!
Like a finely-tuned racing car, your body needs the right fuel (food) and regular maintenance (exercise, lifestyle and mental attitude) to achieve its true health potential. Nothing is more important than healthy eating!
Put in the wrong fuel or let it go without regular use and there's no way it can deliver its full power and performance. Without healthy eating, your body's engine will cough, splutter and eventually stall.
- Give you vitality and energy for life
- Help you stay at a weight that's right for you
- Boost your immune system
- Improve sports performance
- Delay the effects of aging
- Keep you active and fit into old age
- Help beat tiredness and fatigue
- Protect teeth and keep gums healthy
- Enhance your ability to concentrate and possible alter mood
- Ward off serious illnesses like heart disease, certain cancers, mature-age onset diabetes, and gallbladder diseases.
Relaxation technique 1: Breathing meditation for stress relief
With its focus on full, cleansing breaths, deep breathing is a simple, yet powerful, relaxation technique. It's easy to learn, can be practiced almost anywhere, and provides a quick way to get your stress levels in check. Deep breathing is the cornerstone of many other relaxation practices, too, and can be combined with other relaxing elements such as aromatherapy and music. All you really need is a few minutes and a place to stretch out.
Practicing deep breathing meditation
The key to deep breathing is to breathe deeply from the abdomen, getting as much fresh air as possible in your lungs. When you take deep breaths from the abdomen, rather than shallow breaths from your upper chest, you inhale more oxygen. The more oxygen you get, the less tense, short of breath, and anxious you feel.
- Sit comfortably with your back straight. Put one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach.
- Breathe in through your nose. The hand on your stomach should rise. The hand on your chest should move very little.
- Exhale through your mouth, pushing out as much air as you can while contracting your abdominal muscles. The hand on your stomach should move in as you exhale, but your other hand should move very little.
- Continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Try to inhale enough so that your lower abdomen rises and falls. Count slowly as you exhale. If you find it difficult breathing from your abdomen while sitting up, try lying on the floor. Put a small book on your stomach, and try to breathe so that the book rises as you inhale and falls as you exhale.
Relaxation technique 2: Progressive muscle relaxation for stress relief
Progressive muscle relaxation involves a two-step process in which you systematically tense and relax different muscle groups in the body. With regular practice, progressive muscle relaxation gives you an intimate familiarity with what tension as well as complete relaxation feels like in different parts of the body. This awareness helps you spot and counteract the first signs of the muscular tension that accompanies stress. And as your body relaxes, so will your mind. You can combine deep breathing with progressive muscle relaxation for an additional level of stress relief.
Practicing progressive muscle relaxation
Before practicing Progressive Muscle Relaxation, consult with your doctor if you have a history of muscle spasms, back problems, or other serious injuries that may be aggravated by tensing muscles.
- Most progressive muscle relaxation practitioners start at the feet and work their way up to the face. For a sequence of muscle groups to follow, see the box below.
- Loosen your clothing, take off your shoes, and get comfortable.
- Take a few minutes to relax, breathing in and out in slow, deep breaths.
- When you're relaxed and ready to start, shift your attention to your right foot. Take a moment to focus on the way it feels.
- Slowly tense the muscles in your right foot, squeezing as tightly as you can. Hold for a count of 10.
- Relax your right foot. Focus on the tension flowing away and the way your foot feels as it becomes limp and loose.
- Stay in this relaxed state for a moment, breathing deeply and slowly.
- When you're ready, shift your attention to your left foot. Follow the same sequence of muscle tension and release.
- Move slowly up through your body, contracting and relaxing the muscle groups as you go.
- It may take some practice at first, but try not to tense muscles other than those intended.
Relaxation technique 3: Body scan meditation for stress relief
A body scan is similar to progressive muscle relaxation except, instead of tensing and relaxing muscles, you simply focus on the sensations in each part of your body.
Practicing body scan meditation
- Lie on your back, legs uncrossed, arms relaxed at your sides, eyes open or closed. Focus on your breathing, allowing your stomach to rise as you inhale and fall as you exhale.
- Breathe deeply for about two minutes, until you start to feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Turn your focus to the toes of your right foot. Notice any sensations you feel while continuing to also focus on your breathing. Imagine each deep breath flowing to your toes. Remain focused on this area for one to two minutes.
Relaxation technique 4: Mindfulness for stress relief
Mindfulness is the ability to remain aware of how you're feeling right now, your "moment-to-moment" experience both internal and external. Thinking about the past blaming and judging yourself or worrying about the future can often lead to a degree of stress that is overwhelming. But by staying calm and focused in the present moment, you can bring your nervous system back into balance. Mindfulness can be applied to activities such as walking, exercising, eating, or meditation. Meditations that cultivate mindfulness have long been used to reduce overwhelming stress. Some of these meditations bring you into the present by focusing your attention on a single repetitive action, such as your breathing, a few repeated words, or flickering light from a candle. Other forms of mindfulness meditation encourage you to follow and then release internal thoughts or sensations.
Relaxation technique 5: Visualization meditation for stress relief
Visualization, or guided imagery, is a variation on traditional meditation that requires you to employ not only your visual sense, but also your sense of taste, touch, smell, and sound. When used as a relaxation technique, visualization involves imagining a scene in which you feel at peace, free to let go of all tension and anxiety. Choose whatever setting is most calming to you, whether it's a tropical beach, a favorite childhood spot, or a quiet wooded glen. You can do this visualization exercise on your own in silence, while listening to soothing music, or with a therapist (or an audio recording of a therapist) guiding you through the imagery. To help you employ your sense of hearing you can use a sound machine or download sounds that match your chosen setting the sound of ocean waves if you've chosen a beach, for example.
Find a quiet, relaxed place. Beginners sometimes fall asleep during a visualization meditation, so you might try sitting up or standing. Close your eyes and let your worries drift away. Imagine your restful place. Picture it as vividly as you can everything you can see, hear, smell, and feel. Visualization works best if you incorporate as many sensory details as possible, using at least three of your senses. When visualizing, choose imagery that appeals to you; don't select images because someone else suggests them, or because you think they should be appealing.
Relaxation technique 6: Yoga and tai chi for stress relief Yoga involves a series of both moving and stationary poses, combined with deep breathing. As well as reducing anxiety and stress, yoga can also improve flexibility, strength, balance, and stamina. Practiced regularly, it can also strengthen the relaxation response in your daily life. Since injuries can happen when yoga is practiced incorrectly, it's best to learn by attending group classes, hiring a private teacher
Tips for fitting relaxation techniques into your life
- If possible, schedule a set time to practice each day. Set aside one or two periods each day. You may find that it's easier to stick with your practice if you do it first thing in the morning, before other tasks and responsibilities get in the way.
- Practice relaxation techniques while you're doing other things. Meditate while commuting to work on a bus or train, or waiting for a dentist appointment. Try deep breathing while you're doing housework or mowing the lawn. Mindfulness walking can be done while exercising your dog, walking to your car, or climbing the stairs at work instead of using the elevator. Once you've learned techniques such as tai chi, you can practice them in your office or in the park at lunchtime.
- If you exercise, improve the relaxation benefits by adopting mindfulness. Instead of zoning out or staring at a TV as you exercise, try focusing your attention on your body. If you're resistance training, for example, focus on coordinating your breathing with your movements and pay attention to how your body feels as you raise and lower the weights. Avoid practicing when you're sleepy. These techniques can relax you so much that they can make you very sleepy, especially if it's close to bedtime. You will get the most benefit if you practice when you're fully awake and alert. Do not practice after eating a heavy meal or while using drugs, tobacco, or alcohol.
- Expect ups and downs. Don't be discouraged if you skip a few days or even a few weeks. It happens. Just get started again and slowly build up to your old momentum.
Meditation is not for sainthood but for everyday life The general belief prevailing is that meditation is meant for saint hood or ones who are retired from routine responsibilities. The truth is meditation is for everyone. It can be a conscious choice and even otherwise it happens unknowingly. In any case, meditation is for inner peace, self connection, improving quality of living. The more you are conscious in your choice, more you are clear of why you are meditating, the better and faster will be the end results.
What Meditation does for you?
- It helps in development of mind and its functions like concentration, memory, intelligence, judgment, logic development, creativity on so on.
- It improves self capacity to have control over your mind and eventually minds control over body.
- It improves self awareness and state of consciousness.
- It allows you to use power of intentions in connection to all your deeds and thoughts.
- It improves awareness and power of observation.
- It broadens the vision by improving self understanding and understanding world around.
- It helps in enhancing acceptance, thereby relieving stress in all round relationship.
- It helps in understanding the mystery of life & death and purpose of living.
- It helps in self growth and unleashing true potential.
- It helps in spiritual growth and realization of self & truth.
- It improves health through better choice making and through mind body relationship.
- It even helps in treatment of physical & psychological diseases.
What is Meditation ?
Meditation is a way to bring forth and live a quality life. Meditation works on mind and consciousness. First it is necessary to know what is mind and consciousness.
Every human being is in a state of consciousness. This consciousness, which we refer to as 'I', is dynamic, functional and progressive. It has both material and non material component. The material component is referred to as - Body along with its 5 senses and mechanism. The non material component of 'I' is referred to as Mind which is expressed as Thinking and Emotions - I Think, I Feel, I Love, I Understand etc. Some of the functions of Mind are Perception, Awareness, Thinking, Feeling, Memory, Intelligence, Judgment, Creativity, Understanding, Will etc. Mind should not be confused with brain, the organ through which mind carry out its functions. In a broad sense Mind can be divided into three zones.
- Input - Perception, beliefs, holdings & input of information picked up by senses like vision, hearing, smell, taste and touch. Past memory also serves as source of input.
- Assimilation - Assessment & assimilation of information by Thinking, Feeling & Understanding. This could be Fact, Incident or Abstract oriented with Intellectual or Emotional predominance. Information and its meaning are saved as Memory which is later used to understand further information. This entire process forms the basis of organization and reorganization of self.
- Output - Output is the resultant behaviour based on input and assimilation and is effected through Judgment & Will.
In order unleash full potential mind requires nourishment and development. And this process of enriching Mind is called Meditation. Without development, Mind works in a narrow range of awareness with less / faulty input, poor assimilation, distortion of reality and poor output which is unhealthy and negative behaviour. Thus the person feels problem with self or the world around and which can range from mild day to day problem to severe mental sickness. Meditation helps to prevent this state and improves functioning of mind. Mind if developed has enormous potential which in most of us remain untapped. You can very well appreciate that with a developed mind how well you can have better awareness & understanding of world around, better relations, better performance & efficiency, better growth in life with happiness, and with such inclination, better spiritual growth.
Spirituality is nothing else but better understanding of self & life and realization of truth.
Types of Meditation
Meditation can be done in a number of ways. Most of the methods can be put under multiple types. These can be broadly divided into three types depending on the aspect of mind it is working on. It can be based on :
- Input of Information like perception. For example focus on an image, listening to mantra, observing breath etc.
- Assimilation & Assessment of Information. For example thought watching, observing inner self.
- Output like behaviour. For example activity meditation, chanting of mantra, yogic posture meditation etc.
Other ways of describing types of meditation can be :
- Intellect Predominant or Emotion Predominant. It can be based on intellectual function of mind or on emotions.
- Active or Passive Meditation. It can be done by active effort as in fantasy visualization or it can be done in passive manner like done in observation of breathing.
- Dualism or Oneness Meditation. It can be done in a manner in which distinctiveness of everything is maintained or it can be done in a manner in which oneness of everything is seen.
- Focus or Wholeness Meditation. It can be done by focusing like meditating on an image or object or thought or it can be done towards universality as done in thoughtlessness.
- Structure or Non Structured. It can be structured in time, place, way etc or it can be non structured.
- Mind training or Awareness or Spiritual Meditation. Mind training meditation is done to train specific mind faculties like concentration, creativity, learning etc. Awareness meditation is done to become more aware about self, world around, life process etc. Spiritual meditation is done for spiritual growth and realization of self & truth.
How to Meditate
- Chose your way. How to meditate depend on many factors like how it relates to your personality, your lifestyle, your need to meditate, the aspect of mind you wish to develop etc. No method is 'better'. It all depends on your choice and suitability. But do not change your method too often.
- Meditation is any moment process. Begin it now and keep progressing.
- Meditation works on very minute level and at a very base thus result can be seen in due time. With patience and regular practice you can progress well.
- Enjoy the journey instead of meditating in a monotonous manner.
- Be fully involved in meditation for how much longer time you can. Meditation is not a mechanical procedure.
- Initially structured method may help more, select appropriate time and place, be free from distraction. It is better done on empty stomach but one should not be too hungry to get distracted. Wear comfortable clothing.
- Basic posture is sitting comfortably with straight but relaxed back, hands on lap and eyes gently closed. Take regular, deep breaths and relax your body. Select the technique and practice regularly.
- Do conscious Meditation regularly and let spontaneous Meditation happen at its own space.
Meditation is a self connection technique and it can't be bought or borrowed. You may take support to begin with, but in a process it will be self induced technique. Every human has power of self understanding and unlimited capacity, what is needed is self belief and undoubted belief in a journey itself. So step ahead, be in a process and enjoy the journey. The end result will be unleashing of all inner power.
Life full of inner satisfaction, freedom, joy, love, abundant energy for unlimited success is waiting to hug you. Embrace the change, embrace the power. Fly.
Relationship is the most important aspect of humankind. Whether it's with own self, family, friends, society and so on in person. A most successful person is one who has mastered his relationship with self and with others. We all falter in some or other way at all junctures in life. Counselling is a process that facilitates you to understand relationships and helps you deal with flaws that disturbs you.
Major areas where counselling may be required for
- Self understanding and self improvisation
- Flaws and understanding of intra personal relationship and its improvisation
- Understanding and mastering group skills
Counselling helps you in
- Better understanding of self and world around.
- Less stress & better adjustment through more effective coping skills.
- Realization of self potential & better quality of life through more effective functioning.
- In person Counselling
- Family/Group counselling
- Distance/ Online counselling
- Physical health improvisation counselling
- Mental health improvisation counselling
- Self improvisation counselling
- Family/Group counselling
- Childhood and teen age counselling
- Lifestyle and life care counselling
- Life skill management counselling
- Stress management counselling
- Self upliftment/ Spiritual counselling
- Difficulty in studies
- Family discords
- Marital discord
- Financial crisis
- Love disappointment
- Uncontrolled anger / violence
- Poor time management
- Drug abuse
- Poor Health
- Poor self esteem
- Inferiority Complex
- Job Stress / Growth
- Behavioral problems like stealing
- Broken home
- Sibling rivalry
- Lack of confidence
- Unhappy sexual life
- Unwanted thoughts
- Sex addiction
- Eating disorders
- Victim of sex abuse
- Alcohol / Tobacco addiction
- It improves your ability to understand and analyze yourself, the world around and the difficulties faced by you.
- It helps you to explore better options, grow in life and realize best of your potential and success.
- It helps to adjust better, resolve problems & crisis and move on in life.
- It helps in your search of self identity and self worth.
- It improves confidence, communication skills and give a positive personality.
- It helps in developing positive relationships, happy family and avoiding discords.
- It helps in releasing negative emotions, frustrations and increasing satisfaction in life
- It improves ability to plan, take decisions, face challenges and become more dynamic.
- It helps in removing stress from life, feeling good, being peaceful & relaxed and living more fully.
- It helps to remove negative thoughts / feelings / behavior and develop positive thoughts / feelings / behavior.
- It gives you a true friend who is non judgmental, objective and supportive with a feeling of trust, respect and warmth.
- Single session counseling.
- Short term counseling ranging from 2-3 sessions to frequent sessions for about 3 months.
- Long term counseling lasting months and even years with need based unscheduled sessions.
Counseling provides a safe and free platform which allows you to discuss & explore yourself and your life in an atmosphere of privacy, trust, respect and warmth along with psychological expertise of counsellor. It provides an opportunity to vent out your feelings, to explore your positive & negative aspects, to discuss problems and to explore better options without any threat of being judged or ridiculed.
In short counselling helps in living a better relationships thus leading to better life.
Trust is the most important part in a process of counselling. It needs to be kept confidential and need not be based on revelation of all identification.
At the same time, the seeker must be in full trust with counsellor as he is seeking advice for solutions to issues and self improvisation.
Counselling at bodhin
Matters handled for counselling at bodhin
Conditions in which counselling is helpful
Some of the conditions are:
Benefits of Counseling
Process of Counseling
The process of counseling is called the therapeutic process where the counselor and counselee share a relationship of trust, respect and warmth. In this the role of person taking counseling begins before that of counselor. It is important for the person to come to counseling free from prejudice and wrong notions. He or she should have open mind and free from thought that 'nothing works in life'. Counseling should not be seen as a threatening place where one can be judged, criticized or ridiculed. It is not about fault finding or pushing you to any particular thought or behavior decided by the counselor. A good counselor will help you in removing these false beliefs. A good counseling provides you an atmosphere of privacy, confidentiality, ease of mind, respect, trust and warmth along with the psychological expertise of counselor to help you to freely explore yourself, give vent to your feelings, re-look at situations in a relaxed & objective manner, explore possible options & ways and learn more effective strategies in life.
Counseling can be divided into three schedules.
It can be individual, couple or in group. Counseling schedule depends on the need of the situation and person concerned. Short term counseling is for situations which require immediate attention and long term counseling is for sustained growth & prevention of relapse. It is possible for a person to take short term counseling for immediate need and later switch to long term counseling for persistent improvement.
A counseling session can be of 30 minutes to one hour. It can be longer as sometimes it is necessary to continue with the counseling process specially if it is in some crucial moment. The first one or two sessions are usually about information gathering which forms the basis of further sessions and direction of counseling. You can decide about the frequency of sessions.
Contact Us if you have some query and to book an appointment.
Ethos offers a very personal counselling clinic for you. It is like having a personal counsellor without a need to visit clinic and above all without a need to disclose any personal details. To know more go to - ECounselling Clinic
Date: 4th Feb, 2014:
World Cancer Day
Cancer is a leading cause of death around the world, according to WHO, which estimates that 84 million people will die of cancer between 2005 and 2015 without intervention. Read More
Date: 14th March, 2014:
World Kidney Day
World Kidney Day was first celebrated in 2006, and from that date on, the world still celebrates this world day with a different theme and certain massages every year. Read More